7.30.2007

Novel Title Change, refocusing on core themes

As the post titles indicates, my large many-yeared project of writing a novel has been renamed, and I'm now distilling the core themes into what I want to tell, and how I plan to tell it. There is the issue that I've had very little time to work on it, but beyond that, I've been lacking too much of a direction to go with the novel. I mean I know the story by heart, but I've been too fucused on meaningless characters, and themes that really ought not to be in there. So, now I hope I'[ll be able to kill more than one bird with a single stone.

So, what is the title that I've chosen? Well, risking the wrath of a friend, I've decided to rename it "Requiem for Innocence." Yes, this the title of the web comic that Keith and I have been working on for a little while now, however, I must point out that the comic is something that's taken a great deal of time which we both are lacking at the moment, _and_ it is based in the same world, and is telling a story very close to the one I want to tell with my novel. So, I don't see there being an issue with having a comic with the same title as a novel I'm writing. And anyway, "Requiem for Innocence" is a much better title then "The 7th Game". Plus, it makes Precursors make a bit more sense... It is the precursors to the events of Requiem for Innocence. :)

As for the themes I want to cover, I think I'll write about those in another blog post. This one is long enough, and I believe it says what I want it to say.

No comments: